Possum Trot has experienced some changes thist year.
- The Wigwam floor has been painted and some of the outside buildings as well. More repairs will be completed this summer.
- We decided to rent the facilities out only through Airbnb.com for insurance reasons. In March, we added two 2-man cabins to the camp. One is by a pond for fishing and the other across from the WigWam well pit. They will be available soon!
- This year will be have campsites available throughout the property- available soon on Airbnb!
- We began work on the Hard Place due to the infestation of Red Waspers, and on April 16th, one of the pine trees behind the Hard Place fell on the building. It broke the roof line, and put a few holes through the wall and roof. We cleaned up the debris and assessed the damage. We found that the Hard Place needed some structural repairs other than the tree damages. We found that the red wasps were in all of the insulation, so progress on repairs has been slowed by the limited time in the mornings we can work on it. We anticipate a whole new Camp Store once all is complete!
- Meanwhile, we are progressing on a new bathhouse at the Rock House, across from the Hard Place. We can now boast flushing toilets and a shower at the Rock House for campers! Once the Girl's side is complete, we will be working on a Guy's side. Exciting times!
- Leader Treks will be returning this year, holding Kentucky Adventure Camps here at Possum Trot. They will hold eight weeks of camps, discipling new leaders.
- We are working on a grant to build a Food/clothing Pantry for the northern end of Clay County and also for Jackson County. We were able to purchase a refrigerated truck and our plan is to store the food/clothing within the buildingand Mike will make trips to pre-set locations to distribute the food and clothing. Mike has already been distributing extra food we receive, so this will be an extension of what he is already doing-on a much much larger scale. We are so excited to help the community in this way!
- We will be taking the Possum Trot Train to the Saly Works Festival May 24-26th. Come see us there!